eSeminarsWorld Advanced Risk Management
Category: Tools and Techniques
Instructor: Goodpasture, John C.
Seminar Length: 15-Day Seminar
PMI Member Early Rate: Not Applicable (US)
PMI Member Regular Rate: $725 (US)
Non-Member Rate: $875 (US)
01/10/2013 - 01/24/2013
Delivering successful results depends on the project manager’s ability to increase the probability and impact of positive events and decrease the probability and impact of negative events in their projects. Although both the PMBOK® Guide-Fourth Edition and the Practice Standard for
Risk Management describe processes to assist the project manager in these goals, students who want to apply advanced risk management tools and techniques will benefit from this course and learn to;
- Balance the competing demands of stakeholder objectives with project capabilities and capacity,
- Analyze the human factors dimension of risk management, and
- Evaluate the impact of risks and uncertainties to the post-project realization of value and capture of benefits.
Click here to view all dates that this course will be offered
Please note, registration for any eSeminarsWorld course closes 24 hours before the class begins (EST).
Who should attend?
Project managers who have advanced project management skills and are interested in upgrading their risk management skill set and knowledge to include the statistical concepts and heuristics of day-to-day project management problems and risks.This course uses an optional case
study for team assignments and focuses on statistics and formulas used in forecasting probabilities.
This course will cover:
- Baselining the PMBOK® Guide for Risk Management
- Managing Risk in the Business Case
- Mathematics for Risk Management
- Utility in Risk Management
- Mitigating Risk in Time and Resource Schedules
- Risks in Requirements Management
- Benefit Capture Risk Management
This course will help you:
- Recognize projects as investment attitudes of business sponsors
- Analyze uncertainty using basic statistical concepts and heuristics
- Manage subjective influences of human perception on risk management
- Learn practical means to calculate the confidence curve and contain risk
- Identify how to manage the risks from uncertain requirements and improve predictability
- Examine the risks associated with benefits captured and project impact on the business scorecard.