The Agile PMP®
Category: Strategic Application
Instructor: Muenchow , Karlheinz
Level: Intermediate , Advanced
Seminar Length: 2-Day Seminar
PMI Member Early Rate: $1,295 (US)
PMI Member Regular Rate: $1,405 (US)
Non-Member Rate: $1,465 (US)
Take two days to immerse yourself in agile project management! Start by learning Scrum and DSDM, and then take it up a notch by drawing the "big picture," based on real-world
Find out how your PMP® certification and the PMBOK® Guide align with state-of-the-art agile principles and practices so you can position yourself for the demands of the creative
Project managers with knowledge in traditional as well as agile approaches have a sought-after skill set, and why is this? Because companies seek people who understand the big
picture and can fit the process to the needs of the project and not the other way around.
Join us, and together, we'll take an all-encompassing look at agile approaches and learn how they influence modern project management. We'll take a pragmatic approach to "going
agile," based on real-world experiences, because today's business world requires efficient, streamlined project management and places a premium on innovation, creativity, teamwork
This program is not based on theory but on actual agile rollouts the instructor has led in organizations around the world, including India, Brazil, Europe and throughout the United
States. Do not miss this event!
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) areas covered: All.
Who Should Attend?
Project managers, program managers and anyone interested in agile methodologies
How Will I Benefit?
- Get the big picture: Traditional, agile, flexible, hybrid and within phase-gate governance
- Learn agile project management and understand why companies adopt it
- Explore agile in a project, program and portfolio context
- Analyze the pragmatic implementations of agile-see where it makes sense and where it doesn't? Learn how to balance the short-term commitments of agile along with the long-term
- business expectations
- Position: Agile, lean, flexible, waterfall, scrum, DSDM and more
- Learn about pragmatic hybrid approaches: Implementations from the real world
- Change presents opportunities: Learn how to re-position yourself as an agile PMP®
- Explore how agile project management is used to manage a wide variety of projects (development, services, marketing, sales, operations, deployment and other domains)
- Determine how to best scale agility to the program and portfolio level
What Will My Seminar Experience Cover?
Learning Objectives and Agenda
To facilitate learning, the course consists of four, well-designed manageable sessions, each devised with targeted information and objectives. You'll benefit from observing numerous
real-world examples of the agile approach in action, allowing you to clearly see how it helps companies elevate their performance in practice and not just theory.
(1) Introduction to Agile
Objective: To provide a pragmatic overview of principles, practices and methodologies
- What is agile?
- What are its philosophies, values and attributes?
- What sorts of challenges can it resolve?
- How can agile produce products faster, cheaper and better?
- Who uses it and how? Does it work? Are there case studies?
(2) Agile Project Management with Scrum
Objective: To develop a thorough understanding of this project management framework, recognize its potential, identify its uses and experience the difference it makes through actual
- What is Scrum?
- What does a Scrum project life-cycle look like?
- How do you scale Scrum?
- How do you manage a project using Scrum?
- How do I plan and estimate with Scrum?
(3) PMBOK® Guide and Agile Project Management
Objective: To explore the correlation between A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) and agile methodologies
- Are the PMBOK® Guide and Scrum compatible?
- How does the PMBOK® Guide support agile methodologies?
- How do the waterfall and Scrum life cycles compare?
- How are the PMBOK® Guide's processes implemented in the traditional and agile approaches?
(4) The Agile PMP®
Objective: To explore how a certified PMP® can be more valuable to his or her team and organization by adding agile knowledge to his or her toolbox.
- How can PMP®, the PMBOK® Guide and agile be combined to super-charge my career?
- What roles and responsibilities can a PMP® pursue in an agile environment?
- What needs exist in the market for a PMP® with agile expertise?
- How can you apply these principles to your job?
- How can you be more valuable to your company and advance your career by knowing agile?
- What sorts of new career paths can open for you by knowing agile?
- What would my career as an agile project leader look like?